- High-frequency beam technology in 5G that will be radically new, meeting future demand
- Building the unified 4G/5G network to meet the needs of today and tomorrow
- Cloud-based hosting, AI customer service and automated processes as a tool for minimising the running costs
- 6G visions and drivers: Enabling mobile operators to leverage the satellite connectivity to expand their coverage
- Monetising the products, 5G and IoT through the network
- Sensors, smart factories, smart cities, cars: How far will we go?
- How to invest in the new products and services with cost savings ensured?
- Benefits of cloud computing and increasing demand for data wrangling
- Will increased digitisation and technology magnify the impacts of cyber threats and disruptions?
Future Global Network Development Summit
21-22 September 2022 | ONLINE
SEE THE PREVIOUS SPEAKERS & CASE STUDIES
Javier Domínguez LACASA
Daniel Sánchez-Cordero CANELA
CONFERENCE TOPICS 2022
LOOK AT THE TOPICS THAT WERE DISCUSSED
Members of board, C-level, Senior/Global Vice Presidents, Directors, Heads of departments from telecom industry involved in:
- 5G Deployment
- 5G Excellence
- 5G Rollout
- 5G Products & Services
- 5G Operations
- Home & Innovation Products
- Technology Strategy & Architecture
- Technology Network
- Network Architecture
- Network Convergence
- Media & Entertainment
- Network Expansion
- Network Engineering
- Network Infrastructure
- Wireless Network Strategy
- Cloud & IT Infrastructure
- Innovation Products
- Connectivity Products
- Apps Development
O2 Czech Digital Journey
Digitization is a major trend, even reinforced during the last 2 pandemic years, that is putting double challenge to the operators: we have to accelerate our own modernization to ultimately reduce dependance on physical channels and processes, and in the same time support our customers in their digitization efforts through increasing data traffic and innovative services (cloud, cyber sec etc.). Excellent business opportunity for us, and enormous challenge in the same time.
During my presentation, I am touching three areas that we see in O2 Czech Republic as essential to successfully walk thru this double challenge as a winner:
- Modernization of legacy (telco incumbent) architecture to increase speed of change delivery
- Smart CAPEX principles, namely keeping cost per customer flat
- 5G monetization is a must
Partnering for Success in the Face of Emerging Technologies
This presentation will cover the importance of shifting from a vendor model to a partnership model especially in the context of emerging technologies such as 5G and Edge. The speaker will discuss the challenges and barriers to true partnership along with the opportunities and propose how CSPs can partner with hyperscalers to optimise their revenue and unlock value. Finally, the speaker will explore the success factors that will be critical for partners’ success.
- The shift from buyer-seller model to a partnership model
- How can partners co-create to unlock value and drive growth?
- What are the critical success factors for true partnerships in the context of emerging technologies such as 5G and Edge?
Spectrum Policy and Telecom Regulatory Frameworks: Prioritising Objectives for the 2020s
Public Policy in the telecommunications sector continues to have a large impact in investment and innovation. Progress is however not linear, and policy objectives and priorities can at times seem contradictory. On the one hand, the European Union is setting aggressive political connectivity targets for 2030, including providing Gigabyt coverage to all households, expanding 5G coverage to all populated areas, and deploying 10,000 edge nodes to ensure businesses have access to low latency services. On the other hand, regulators have been instrumental in the declining revenues and valuations of EU telecom operators, hindering investor confidence and creating a connectivity investment gap vs. the US and Asia estimated at 42 billion EUR per year. The presentation will discuss the role of telecom regulation and spectrum policy in reaching the 2030 EU goals.
Javier Domínguez LACASA
Daniel Sánchez-Cordero CANELA
Risks and Opportunities in the EU Data Disruptive Regulatory Environment
Data can be one of the greatest assets for a company. Particularly, telecommunication service providers have a unique opportunity to innovate and scale with data driven solutions as they utilize their physical infrastructure strength and transpose it into their digital infrastructure. For Europe to tackle the future opportunities and challenges created by the digital industry, it needs a thriving and responsible private sector. Such a view has been confirmed by recent communications from the EU Commission President von der Leyen stressing the need for Europe to lead the transition to a new digital world. However, with recent regulatory disruptions affecting how companies process and transfer data – in particular personal data, traffic data & location data – the question remains whether the EU can compete with USA and China companies in the race towards a digital future.
- Where are we and what’s next on data privacy and data security affecting telecommunication service providers?
- Quick walkthrough on the regulatory changes for data transfers between the USA and EU
- Quick walkthrough on several regulatory responses to Schrems II on EU level
- Business responses to Schrems II and what does it mean for a European Telecommunication Service Provider – innovation and best practices sharing
- Quick walkthrough on several innovative solutions from telco’s to meet regulatory compliance throughout the EU
- Quick walkthrough on several innovative solutions from A1 Telekom Austria to meet regulatory compliance in our footprint
5G in Cross-Border Mobility Use Cases: How KPN Is Working on Creating a “Blueprint”
With 5G being rolled out by operators all across the EU-member states, it becomes clear that if operators are aiming at having 5G play a pivotal role in Connected Automated Mobility, we need new mechanisms to facilitate these in a cross border context.
- Introduction to & status of the 5G-Blueprint project
- Goals for KPN in participating in 5G-Blueprint and other EU- (co-) funded projects
- Current insights into standardisation requirements and viability & governance when operators use publicly owned communication infrastructure
”I really liked that it was a smaller group of top experts within the field. I had a chance to meet and talk to everyone.– Head of Product Innovation, Vodafone
STAY UPDATED FOR THE 2022 EDITION
Provide Us With Your Contact Details and Our Team Will Get Back to You With All the Updates Regarding the Upcoming Edition of This Event.